Enterprise Announces New WebsiteAs Enterprise celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2012, we have also launched a redesigned website. We’ve integrated Enterprise’s wealth of information and resources into one interactive, intuitive and easy-to-navigate portal. This new website includes an expanded Policy and Advocacy webpage, which can serve as a daily source of housing and community development news. The site also includes new issue-specific web pages, legislative tracking and advocacy tools, and information on ongoing campaigns and coalitions.
Visit Enterprise’s redesigned website for all the tools and resources you need to meet your community’s needs. Same URL. Brand new experience.
Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 (Public Law No: 112-78); a bill that provides a two-month extension of the payroll tax holiday and expanded unemployment insurance benefits, among other provisions. The $30 billion year-end extenders bill will be paid for through increased rates for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guarantee fees and Federal Housing Administration insurance premiums. While this current bill will expire on Feb. 29, Congressional leadership has pledged to appoint a conference committee to start work on a full-year extension bill in the coming weeks once the House and Senate convene. Many businesses are working to include dozens of tax provisions, including theNew Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) in the final extension bill. In the past, Congress has extended the NMTC and other expired tax provisions retroactively.
HOME Investment Partnerships Program: Improving Performance Accountability and Updating Property Standards (24 CFR Parts 91 and 92) is Feb. 14.
Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2012 (Public Law Number: 112-74) into law, finalizing all fiscal year (FY) 2012 appropriations. The President will deliver his State of the Union address on Jan. 24 and will submit to Congress his FY 2013 budget request on Feb. 6. For complete information on FY 2012 appropriations for certain HUD, Department of Agriculture, Department of Energy and Department of Treasury programs, view the updated Enterprise's Budget Chart.
- Notice of Order: Revisions to Enterprise Public Use Database Incorporating High-Cost Single-Family Securitized Loan Data Fields and Technical Data Field Changes (Federal Register Doc. No: 2011-31946), Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Announcement of FY 2011 Funding Awards for Indian Community Development Block Grant Program (Docket No: FR-5500-FA-04), HUD
- Notice of Streamlining Project; Request for Information (Federal Register Doc. No: 2011-31030), Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (CFPB; Comment Deadline: Mar. 5)
- Proposed Rule on HOME Investment Partnerships Program: Improving Performance and Accountability; and Updating Property Standards (Docket No. 5563-P-01), HUD (Comment Deadline: Feb. 14)
- Notice of Funding Awarded for HUD's FY 2010 Mortgage Modification and Mortgage Scams Assistance (MMMSA) under the Housing Counseling Program (Docket No: FR-5415-FA-43), HUD
- Nominations Notice for Individuals To Serve on the Manufactured Housing Consensus Committee (Docket No: FR-5591-N-01), HUD
- Notice of Regulatory Waiver Requests Granted for the Third Quarter of Calendar Year 2011 (Docket No: FR-5529-N-03), HUD
- Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) and Request for Proposals (RFP) for Brownfields Conferences Co-Sponsorship 2013-2017 (EPA-OSWER-OBLR-12-02), EPA (Application Deadline: Feb. 10)
- Interim Final Rule on Home Mortgage Disclosure (Docket No. CFPB-2011-0020, RIN 3170-AA06), CFPB (Comment Deadline: Feb. 17)
- Interim Final Rule on S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act (Docket No: CFPB-2011-0023, RIN 3170-AA06), CFPB (Comment Deadline: Feb. 17)
- Interim Final Rule on Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Docket No. CFPB-2011-0030, RIN 3170-AA06), CFPB (Comment Deadline: Feb. 21)
- Announcement of Funding Awards for HUD's Continuum of Care programs (HUD No. 11-290), HUD
- Notice of Correction to Floodplain Management and Protection of Wetlands Proposed Rule (Docket No. FR-5423-P-01), HUD
- Final Rule on Federal Home Loan Bank Housing Goals: Mortgage Reporting Amendments (Federal Register Doc. No: 2011-32644, RIN 2590-AA48), FHFA
- Interim Final Rule and Request for Public Comment on Truth in Lending (Doc No: CFPB-2011-0031), CFPB (Comment Deadline: Feb. 21)
- Joint Final Rule; Technical Amendment on Community Reinvestment Act Regulations (Docket ID OCC2011-0027), Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Notice on Annual Indexing of Basic Statutory Mortgage Limits for Multifamily Housing Programs (Docket No: FR-5592-N-01), HUD
- Final Rule on Intergovernmental Review of Proposed Projects Being Reviewed Pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (Federal Register Doc No: 2011-33025), Department of Agriculture
- Notice of Extension of Temporary Exemption from Compliance with the Federal Housing Administration’s Regulation on Property Flipping (Docket No: FR-5397-N-04), HUD
- Correction of "Small Bank" Definition for the Purposes of Community Reinvestment (Federal Register Doc. No. 2011-33529), FDIC
- Dec. 13: Helping Homeowners Harmed by Foreclosures: Ensuring Accountability and Transparency in Foreclosure Reviews, Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation and Community Development
- Dec. 13: Oversight of FHFA, Part II, Senate Committee on Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs
- Dec. 15: The Homeless Children and Youth Act of 2011: Proposals to Promote Economic Independence for Homeless Children and Youth, House Financial Services Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity
- Jan. 11, 3:00 p.m.: Putting the Pieces Together – Primary Care and Behavioral Health Services in Permanent Supportive Housing, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Jan. 18-20: 2012 Winter Legislative and Policy Meeting, National Community Development Association
- Jan. 26, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: Where Do Families Go After Foreclosure?, Center For Housing Policy
- Feb. 2 - 4: New Partners for Smart Growth Conference: Building Safe, Healthy and Livable Communities, Local Government Commission
- Mar. 25 – 28: The 2012 National Interagency Community Reinvestment Conference, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund
- Apr. 23-25: Legislative Conference, National Council of State Housing Agencies
The White House Rental Policy Working Group released its administrative proposals for alignment of federal rental programs. The report recommends measures to reduce costs, improve program efficiency and effectiveness, and better serve low-income renter households through greater alignment of federal affordable housing programs. A number of the recommendations outlined can be implemented without legislation or new funding. Further information and status updates can be found at the White House Domestic Policy Council and HUD websites.
- 2011 Point-in-Time Estimates of Homelessness: Supplement to the Annual Homeless Assessment Report, HUD
- Aging in Place: A State Survey of Livability Policies and Practices, AARP
- Federal Rental Alignment - Administrative Proposals, White House Rental Policy Working Group
- Healthy Corridor for All: A Community Health Impact Assessment of Transit-Oriented Development Policy in Saint Paul, Minn., PolicyLink
- Next Generation Community Revitalization: A Work in Progress, The Bridgespan Group
- Nonprofit Capacity in the Lower Mississippi Delta Region, Housing Assistance Council (HAC)
- November 2011 Housing Scorecard: The Obama Administration's Efforts to Stabilize the Housing Market and Help American Homeowners, HUD and the U.S. Department of Treasury
- Paycheck to Paycheck 2011, Center for Housing Policy
- Progress and Challenges in Spending Weatherization Funds, U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)
- Rent Burden, Housing Subsidies and the Well-being of Children and Youth, National Center for Children in Poverty (NCCP)
- Rural Matters/Rural Voices: Housing and Water – The Critical Connection, HAC and the Rural Community Assistance Partnership
- Rural Reentry: Housing Options and Obstacles for Ex-Offenders, HAC
- Rural Voices: Affordable Rural Senior Housing, HAC
- Urban Institute Report on the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling (NFMC) Program Activity, NeighborWorks America