2013 MetLife Foundation Awards Open for EntriesIn partnership with the MetLife Foundation, Enterprise offers the MetLife Foundation Awards for Excellence in Affordable Housing. The awards program recognizes 501(c)(3) community-based or regional nonprofit organizations and Tribes or Tribally Designated Housing Entities that show exemplary leadership, innovation and effectiveness in green, health and service-enriched housing for seniors.
The online application is due on Friday, May 31 by midnight PT. Additional information and support are available through the application guidelines and this archived program webinar.
Four winners will each receive:
- A $50,000 unrestricted grant
- A commemorative award
- A news release announcing their accomplishments
- A profile of the winning project
- An event for residents, partners and community members at the property in fall 2013
- Green, sustainable, age-friendly features—sustainable execution of a strategy, connecting green to resident health, design responsiveness to resident and community needs
- Execution of strategy and vision—demonstrated commitment and thoughtfulness about aging and connecting health to housing
- Services and innovation—quality of partnerships with health and service partners, connections to opportunities in healthcare reform, other innovations
|May 31||Applications Due|
|June 25||Eight finalists selected|
|July 26||Four winners selected|
|August through October||Local celebration events|