See Our Work in Senior HousingThrough 2011, Enterprise has invested $2.2 billion in 550 properties with 37,290 homes for seniors. Since 2005, 25 percent of the housing that Enterprise finances is targeted to seniors, and nearly 30 percent of all the homes rehabbed with Enterprise assistance serve seniors.
We are focused on continuing to develop new resources and financing tools to meet today’s needs, including environmentally smart senior housing through the Enterprise Green Communities initiative.
We are piloting new senior housing projects across the country:
Pilot Project HighlightsJust a few of the senior housing developments in progress with our partners nationwide.
Jewish Community Housing for the Elderly (JCHE), Brighton, Mass.
- Genesis House is a green retrofit senior housing development.
- Genesis House and its two interconnected buildings, Ulin House and Leventhal House, are located in an urban residential neighborhood of Boston.
- The 700+ units within these three buildings include studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments.
- JCHE tenants who live at Ulin House, Leventhal House, or Genesis House have access to Resident Service Coordinators, a geriatric nurse practitioner who is on-site weekly, and an adult day health center open each weekday.
Cathedral Square Corporation, Burlington, Vt.
- Support And Services at Home (SASH) brings a caring partnership together to support aging at home.
- The SASH model focuses on the individual participant through the relationships formed with SASH staff and the development of individual Healthy Aging Plans (HAP) for each participant.
- Each SASH senior housing community is equipped with the health information technology necessary to access the state’s Health Information Exchange (HIE).
- Provides affordable, service-enriched housing that promotes healthy and dignified living for people with limited options.
- Supports three major functions: housing development, property management, and resident services.
- Staffed with resident service coordinators who provide one-to-one non-clinical case management, and each property delivers a comprehensive array of programs – including van transportation, exercise classes and community gardening.
Housing for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Seniors
Enterprise recognizes that LGBT individuals are some of our country’s most vulnerable seniors. We are committed to working with organizations that are:
- Developing affordable housing that targets low-income LGBT older adults
- Providing quality care and services that target the LGBT older adult populations through housing partnerships
In 2012, we are proud to support Heartland Housing with a service-planning grant for their project at 3600 N. Halstead in Chicago to provide 90 affordable senior rental units. We continue to explore additional opportunities to partner with LGBT housing providers.